Sunday 28 January 2018

Triptych of the Week #4

Saturday Morning

_____________________________________________________________________________________
I shot in black and white yesterday morning. Saturday mornings are always such a relief: not having to get up at 6am and getting some time to myself. The slow pace of a Saturday morning is what I wanted to convey with this triptych. I had quite a few photos of Maisie to choose from, but I liked the silhouette of her in the photo I chose. I turned up the exposure to capture a crisper shot and I particularly liked the stripey top in the background.

The first shot is not particularly original or exciting, but as this was going to be self portrait photography, I wanted to have a photo that opened the narrative of waking up. The shadows in the photo help to get that across.

I obviously had to wear that stripey top today! I got a tripod for Christmas, so I set it up and started playing. It's a bit of a luxury to have time to do my make-up and hair on the weekend. Usually I'm bleary-eyed and in a rush. Being childless has its perks and I find the whole process of doing my skincare routine, make-up and hair very cathartic. The tripod enabled me to actually snap away while I was doing my routine. There were a lot of shots to choose from, but I chose this one because I liked the texture of the brushed, damp hair, particularly the lines which link to the other lines in the images. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________

No comments :

Post a Comment