Saturday 1 March 2014

The London Eye

I was lucky enough to get to go on the London Eye recently and it was a fantastic experience. Living in the UK, we pretty much say goodbye to the sun in August and then spend all of the Autumn, Winter and often Spring facing week upon week of cold and uninspiring weather. It has been particularly rainy this year. My home town in Kent was terribly flooded in December, and I still believe most of the sportsground is underwater. My heart goes out to those that spent Christmas evacuating their homes and are still coping with water damage, even now as we approach Spring. Thankfully my family were the lucky ones and didn't have any major problems.


So when we started to see glimpses of an end to the rainy season, I think everyone heaved a sigh of relief. The day that we booked tickets to go on the London Eye, we were really fortunate to have a break from the recent downpours and enjoyed some fantastic sights.

The queue only took a few minutes, despite it being quite busy and not having booked to be 'fast-tracked'. I am not afraid of heights, but as the pod took off at its gentle pace, I did nonetheless have one moment where I saw the water beneath me and felt a little giddy! However, it passed pretty much straight away as I took in the wonderful sights of London, with the blues, greys and lilacs painting a spectacular scene.


I would recommend this to anyone, even people who frequent London everyday as a commuter. It gives you just a moment to take stock and realize that there is a sun behind those clouds.





No comments :

Post a Comment