Monday 14 April 2014

Review: YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Luxurious Mascara in Radical Noir

As a much raved about mascara, I was curious about YSL Faux Cils. A month or so ago, curiosity got the better of my wallet and I purchased it in the shade Radical Noir

At Boots.com there was a promotion to earn Advantage Card points, so I paid the £23 and hoped it would be worthwhile.

The tube is a gold and luxurious-looking, which for that price tag, it should be. The brush (as seen below) is fairly narrow with soft bristles which hang on to a lot of product. At times, I have wiped the wand with a tissue prior to application. The reason being that the application of this formula can be hit or miss; it can either look absolutely stunning, or a bit uneven and cakey on the lashes.

On a good application, it makes your lashes both long and very thick looking; on a mediocre application, your lashes can make friends with each other and clump into small groups of lashes! I'm not a fan of this look. Maybe I'm greedy, but I want length, volume, separation- I want it all!

Would I repurchase this? I guess a telling sign is that I just repurchased Benefit's They're Real, which I posted a review of quite a while ago. This is not to say that I wouldn't splash out on this mascara again, if I felt frivolous, but I have repurchased the Benefit one on numerous occasions and it does not let me down.

I am expecting that YSL Faux Cils may not last very long. Firstly, because of the wand-wiping ritual I have to perform fairly regularly. Secondly, because reviews that I read prior to purchasing stated that it dries out quickly. If this is the case, I may forget about buying this product again. 

In the meantime, I am enjoying using it and I love the dramatic effect that it can give.



No comments :

Post a Comment