Tuesday 8 April 2014

These are a few of my favourite things... (March 2014)

Currently wearing

Silver and rose gold necklace by Urban Outfitters

This cute little necklace goes with anything. I wear it more than any other piece of jewellery at the moment. I picked it up last year for about £10 in Brighton.




Currently playing

Once I had a Sweetheart by Pentangle

I got listening to Pentangle last year after hearing Jacqui Mcshee's beautiful voice when they were on a folk music documentary. They are a late 60s-70s band featuring the legendary Bert Jansch. For Christmas I received Light Flight: the Anthology and this has to be a favourite. I love the sitar on this track.

Currently applyling

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

Having been ill recently, my lips resembled dried up slugs. They weren't comfortable. They were barely human. This stuff saved them. Some people think this is glorified vaseline, but it does seem to heal poorly skin very nicely. 

Currently spritzing

Viktor and Rolf, Flowerbomb

This is a popular scent, but for good reason.  Its notes include rose, orchid and jasmine. It can be worn day or night and is just the right balance of sweet and classy. 

Currently reading

The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks

I have actually just finished this and knew its reputation of being a dark novel. Some people may find it a bit too twisted to be a comfortable read as it is told from the perspective of a sadistic (yet thoroughly fascinating) mind. Perhaps surprisingly, it is a novel that I know has been taught at A Level. I'm not sure how I would have reacted to the content at that age (probably, knowing me, I'd have been intrigued!). About half way through I thought I'd worked out what was going to happen, but Banks surprised me!

Currently admiring

GHD IV Lavender Straighteners

Just look at these beautiful pastel straighteners! They will be mine, oh yes, they will be mine...one day!

Purchase them here

No comments :

Post a Comment