Friday 13 June 2014

Peachy Lipsticks: 5 favourites

Here is my run down of peach lip colours: enjoy!


Dior lipstick in Grege 1947 is a neutral peach shade which would work well on many people. The formulation is moisturising and balmy which makes it very comfortable to wear. The silky feel on the lips is luxurious compared to cheaper brands I use. On the downside, it means that this isn't a lipstick that will wear for many hours, but it really is such a pretty and wearable colour that it is worth it in my opinion.



Dressmaker Dressmaker is a limited edition shade by Mac. It is areally wearble orange colour. Part of what makes it wearable is its lustre finish. I won't waffle on about it too much as it is not currently available, however it may be re-released at some point, you never know. For reference (as I'm aware these photos look quite similar), see the swatches at the end to see all shades compared together.


The Body Shop's shade 315, Coral Kiss is part of their Colour Crush collection of lipsticks. It is a moisturising texture and although balmy, it packs some pigment onto your lips. The colour is more pink than Dressmaker Dressmaker, so a good option for those who feel they can't pull off orange tones.

Nars released Last Tango with the Guy Bourdin collection. It is a lovely, long-lasting neutral peachy-brown pink (I always think of it as having a touch of peach anyway!). It has a nice texture which I guess you'd call a moisturising satin. I love this lipstick and I'm so glad I picked it up while I could. It looks quite dark on me due to having paler skin, but would look more nude on mid to darker skin.

Revlon's Lip Butter in Peach Parfait is a nourishing lip balm with excellent pigment. It has small particles of gold glitter that you can initially feel when you apply the lip butter, but this soon goes away as it melts into your lips. It is a sheer formula, so this range is great for those who shy away from bold colours, but still want to try some new shades.
From top to bottom:

Dior Nude Lip Blush in Grege: avaliable here

Mac Dressmaker Dressmaker (Limited Edition)

The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipstick in 315 (Coral Kiss): avaliable here


Nars Cinematic Lipstick in Last Tango (limited edition)

Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait: available here

 

What is your favourite peachy lip product?



No comments :

Post a Comment