Thursday 10 July 2014

How to Banish Shiny Skin Without Powder

I am prone to having some unwanted shine on my T-Zone, even though my skin is dry. I wanted to share a few products that I use to mattify these areas, without drying them out with powder:
Left to right: Garnier Perfect Blur; Mac Matte; Nars Instant Line and Pore Perfector
Garnier Perfect Blur is a primer designed to be applied after moisturiser to reduce shine and blur imperfections. It's a really great product and does exactly as it says. The only small issue I have is that it can shoot out of the tube if you're not careful as it has a dry 'bobbly' conistency. At £12.99 (and often on offer at Boots), it's a winning product.

Mac Matte is a product I've owned for years and has lasted me very well. It has a smooth texture and applies like a clear cream. It's actually one of the very first Mac products I bought! It feels moisturising and works well for many purposes, such as on the eyelids as a primer. Click here for more information.

Nars Instant Line and Pore Perfector is a tiny stick which imparts a mattifying/ blurring balm onto small areas. I bought this because I do have some fine lines that I'd rather weren't there and I thought this would be a good solution. It is ok. It does blur lines (and pores), but it is no miracle worker. It is worth checking out if you want a handy, on-the-go touch up for when you get shiny and imperfections stand out more. It also contains vitamins A, C and E, so is probably a bit kinder to the skin than the previous products. It is available here, although I think I purchased it at HQ hair with a discount code that was available at the time.

And finally, the before and after photos. When I do these I get a little creeped out: it's a good thing I don't have a twin!
In 'after' picture (right): Left side of forehead: Mac Matte     Right side of forehead: Garnier    Between eyebrows: Nars

No comments :

Post a Comment