Wednesday 9 July 2014

Review: Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Lipstick in Nude Beige

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Lipstick in Nude Beige 01 is a cool, pale pink colour that feels like a lip balm on the lips. It is a higher end purchase which I thought a lot about before parting with my hard-earned cash.


The packaging of this product is a thing to behold in itself. The timeless design makes this feel like a luxurious product before you even apply it: and that is part of the YSL experience that you are buying into.

The lipstick itself is a lightweight and nourishing formula; it feels like you are pampering your lips as you apply it. I have tried some matte lip products and I have learnt that my lips despise them. Although I love the idea of having hours of wear from a lipstick, my lips get so severely dried out that they sulk for days afterwards and no amount of lipbalm can reconcile them. Therefore, I stick with these sorts of formulas despite the fact that they only last an hour or so on the lips. 

The colour pigmentation is good and the shade itself is particularly well-suited, I think, to those of us with pale, pink-toned skin. It is more pink than beige, and definitely won't give you morgue-lips.

Will I be buying any other shades? No, I can't imagine that I will. Not because I don't love this product, but because I feel like I have found a shade I get on with and I don't see the need in spending out on other colours. For me, I like a taste of luxury in my collection. Too much, and I won't appreciate what I have.

2 comments :