Tuesday 5 August 2014

Products I've used up

I find 'empties' posts and videos really useful as they generally give a true verdict of whether a product is worth looking into or not.

Here are some products I've recently used up and my opinions on them:

Simple Invigorating Shower Gel
I bought this on a whim. It is a mint-scented greeny-blue gel which is definitely, as the name says, invigorating and refreshing. I loved this and would purchase again without hesitation as it is a really affordable alternative to Lush or Body Shop shower gels. It lasted me about a month.

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer: 
Having highlighted hair means that it can get dry and feel damaged, especially in the sun. I've purchased the Elasticizer in past after originally trying it in a Glossybox. The thick cream is applied to wet hair before shampooing and left on for 10-20 minutes. It makes a substantial difference to the hair, softening and strengthening it. I would re-purchase, but at £28.00 for 150ml, it is pricey and there are cheaper options out there. Saying that, if I re-colour my hair at some point, I will be stocking up on a tub because it can turn stressed locks into revitalised tresses in no time.

L'oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Water:
This was nothing special. It didn't make my skin 'perfected' by any stretch of the imagination, but it did an ok job at taking off make-up before using a cleansing balm in the shower. I probably wouldn't re-purchase better as I've tried better micellar waters, such as La Roche Posay's.

Tresemme Dry Shampoo:
This was an other Glossybox product (a subscription service where you get to try 5 products each month for £12.99 here in the UK). It has a clean scent, but nothing unique. It worked well enough at giving me an extra day without washing my hair, but it felt a bit heavy and not too pleasant. 

YSL Faux Cils mascara:
I loved this! I heard that it was not worth the pricetag due to it prematurely drying up, but I disagree. This superior mascara gave to amazing volumizing and lengthening results and lasted easily four months without becoming unusable. As you shouldn't keep mascara for much longer than this time period anyway for hygiene reasons, it was perfectly acceptable for me. See my full review with pictures here.

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter:
This is a great balm cleanser that takes off make-up and pampers the skin. Used with a muslin cloth, this is a dream for all skin types. No greasy film remains after use and the skin is left feeling clean and comfortable. At £12, this is a great alternative to more pricey cleansers on the market. My favourite balm cleanser would still be Emma Hardie's Amazing Face Cleansing Balm, which is a tad thicker and more luxurious. But this is a close runner up and one I have re-purchased about three times now because it is half the price.

Mac Clear Brow Gel:
This is really disgusting, but anyone who's ever used this product or one with similar packaging will relate. After owning this for way too long, I finally had to say my farewells. Firstly, the transparent tube allows you to see the product quickly transform into a grey-brown sludge as you use it over pencilled eyebrows. Then a week ago I sniffed it and it really did smell rancid! I almost resent spending money on this sort of product, but I am sure I'll repurchase. This gel works very well to tame unruly eyebrows and hold them in place throughout the day. I may investigate cheaper options in Superdrug or Boots before I decide whether to buy this again, but it has served me well for a long time!


Redken Colour Extend Treatment Spray:

I, again,received this small sample in a Glossybox. I liked it well enough and felt it offered heat protection and some degree of softness, however it didn't blow me away! I probably wouldn't repurchase.

What products have you used up and loved or loathed recently?

No comments :

Post a Comment