Wednesday 3 September 2014

Washing Your Hair Without Shampoo? Review: Ojon Cleansing Conditioner

I heard about the concept of washing your hair without shampoo through a link on Twitter to an article on the Cosmopolitan website. Cleansing conditioners have been popular with those with afro hair for some time now, but Ojon have recently released their Rare Blend Moisture-Rich Cleansing Conditioner, so I decided to try it out.
This product claims to both cleanse and condition in one step. You massage the conditioner in from roots to ends and leave for a few minutes before washing out. Here's what I found:

Lather: the product didn't really lather much at first, but on the second application (I washed twice with it as I do with shampoo), it lathered more. My hair felt really soft and de-tangled whilst using it.

Almost fully air-dried hair
After washing: As I combed through my hair using a Tangle Teezer it felt quite matted and tangled. Now that isn't anything new for me: my hair is really fine and bleached, so what can I expect? Actually, I did expect to be able to comb through it a bit easier because whilst in the shower, my hair felt very soft and 'slippy'. 

The results: I let my wavy hair air dry and it looks really good actually. I used some Redken Anti-snap on it to get a comb through it easier. This is a leave-in product that is meant to protect brittle hair from breaking as much. The texture is soft, light and I can see quite a few less frizzy flyaways , particularly at the roots where I am plagued with them. I have just had my hair cut, so that could also add to the healthy look, but this product has definitely given me a good hair day. There is no greasy, heavy feeling, just soft, bouncy locks. 

This product retails at £18.50 here in the UK, which is very pricey. Therefore, for me personally it will be a 'treat' to use every few washes. For those with Boots points like me, maybe now's the time to cash them in to try this out for yourself? 
post signature

4 comments :

  1. The product sounds great. I've never tried washing my hair without shampoo but I'm definitely going to give it a go and see if it works for my hair :) x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really nice product. I just wish it was less expensive! I hope you enjoy it if you try it. Let me know x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sound like interesting product, will find the way to get and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy using it and it's great if your hair is tangly like mine! x

    ReplyDelete