Friday 14 November 2014

New Nude Skincare Products

Left: Omega Cleansing jelly                                                       Right: Brightening Fizzy Powder Wash
I love Nude skincare. Love it. Years ago I discovered their amazing eye cream, which was discontinued, but have since fallen in love with their current formulation too. When I saw that they had released some new, innovative products, I couldn't wait to get my hands on them. So here's my take on the Omega Cleansing Jelly and Brightening Fizzy powder Wash after trialling them for a week or so:

Nude's Perfect Cleanse, Omega Cleansing Jelly is the latest balm cleanser to come to market. Compared to Emma Hardie's Moringa Cleansing Balm which is a favourite amongst the beauty community, this is perhaps the only cleansing balm that competes for me.

It comes in a squeezy tube, which makes it more hygienic. In addition, where Hardie's cleanser feels slightly oily (not in a bad way), this one feels 'softer' and creamier. It has a lighter scent and feels great to apply. Eye make-up is swiftly removed with a muslin cloth and the skin is left looking fresh and supple. For £4 less than Emma Hardie's balm, you get the same 100ml quantity, but no cloth. For me, these are very difficult to separate in terms of which is better.

The Detox Brightening Fizzy Powder Wash is an innovative product. In fact, the only thing I've used which is similar is the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. This powder contains rosehip and vanilla seeds (which are not scratchy or even visible in the powder) and enzymes to exfoliate. When you wet the powder in your hands and rub into your skin, the products turns into a milky paste that fizzes on your skin! This may sound scary if you have sensitive skin, but it is a very mild and pleasant sensation that does not sting or irritate at all; rather it makes you feel like you're getting a deep clean, right down into your pores.
My skin type is dry and somewhat sensitive, and for me, it does not sting or dry out my face. It leaves me with baby soft, clean-feeling skin that looks radiant. If it didn't recommend using only three times a week, I'd be using this everyday- it's such a lovely product to use. And I guess it should be at £38 a bottle!

Are these products worth paying an arm and a leg for? If you have the budget, yes, I think so. They offer very good results and feel like a real treat to use. For that reason, I intend to ration them out and alternate with cheaper products so that they last me as long as possible.

If your budget doesn't stretch, The Body Shop is a great place to get your hands on a cheaper balm cleanser. In terms of the powder, it wouldn't surprise me if we see dupes of this appearing soon from cheaper brands, so keep your eyes out for that!

Have you tried Nude skincare? If not, what skincare do you currently enjoy?
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment