Sunday 4 December 2016

Glowy Make-up for Winter: Houglass, Charlotte Tilbury, Laura Mercier & more

The nights may be getting darker and it may feel bleak outside, but you can still glow with some gorgeous, subtle golds, taupes and shimmer-laced pinks.

I adore Isadora Nude Sensation Fluid Foundation which is applied using a pipette and blends like a dream into the skin. I wear the shade Nude Porcelain and find it perfect for a light to medium coverage that is good for building. The shade isn't too light, so if you were extremely pale it may be a little too dark. On me (NW13), it is perfect. In addition to this, I used The Bare Minerals Bareskin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer in Light. It has a yellow undertone which is ideal for my bluish under eye circles and also the redness around my nose. This fluid formula is very much like the Isadora foundation in that it adheres beautifully to the skin and hydrates at the same time.

Charlotte Tilbury's Cheek to Chic Swish and Pop blusher in Love Glow (swatched 3rd from left) is a gorgeous medium glowy pink which needs to be carefully blended but imparts a gorgeous angelic sheen is perfect for livening up the complexion. I don't use it enough.

To blend this out I applied some Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light, a light ivory beige shade with subtle opalescent shimmer (swatched 2nd from left). This can be used all over the face and I find it replaces any shine with glow!

To increase the glow further, I had to choose Laura Mercier's Matte Radiance Baked Powder Highlighter in shade 01 (1st swatch from left, above). Believe the hype on this product- it is one of the most gorgeous highlighters I've ever seen. The light, peachy beige gives the most classy, subtle highlight to the top of the cheekbones that can be worn day or night. It blends seamlessly to transform a matte cheek, or add even more radiance to an already glowy look. It is well worth the splurge if you can afford it.

Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder (01) 
For shimmery eyes, Charlotte Tilbury's Eyes to Memorise Cream Eyeshadow in Marie Antoinette was an obvious choice (4th from left, above). It is described as an 'antique oyster gold' and looks great on any eye colour, especially green. It can crease a little as the day goes on, so it is worth priming the eyelids and sealing with another shimmery shade, but today I just applied with a oval eyeshadow brush and blended with my finger.

To complete the look, I lined my lower lash line with By Terry's Ombre Blackstar cream eyeshadow stick in Misty Rock. This can be blended out all over the lid, but it works equally well as a liner. It has a purple-toned taupe hue with silver micro-glitter and is a really stunning shade. It looks quite dark swatched above (right), but it can be blended to a wearable lighter plummy brown shimmer.

A splash of Dior Addict Lip Maximiser (a sheer light pink minty gloss) and YSL Faux Cils and I feel glowy and ready to face a dismal British winter day!

What glowy products do you reach for in the colder months?
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment