Sunday 15 January 2017

Mood Lifting Spring Candles to Beat the January Blues

If you're anything like me, you've been feeling the January blues. Since burning the Fleur Fantome mini candle by Byredo, my mood has definitely lifted. It smells just like a Spring garden, with notes of Rhubarb, violet and tulip. It is a fresh floral with lots of throw and reminds me a bit of Mimosa by Diptyque. 


Another I can't wait to burn is a gift I was really lucky to receive at Christmas- the Wood Sage and Sea Salt Jo Malone candle. This fresh scent is lovely and clean with a woodiness to it.

One I discovered just a few days ago was from The White Company. Although the Winter candles on sale were tempting, the gorgeous Spring scent drew me in immediately. It is another that is perfect to get you out of the bleak, cold Winter funk. It has notes of honeysuckle, rose, jasmine and lilac with the addition of freshly mowed grass. It has a beautiful sweetness to the floral and the name 'Spring' sums it up perfectly. It has yet to be burned, but the powerful scent should fill the house with the promise of Spring!

Figuier by Diptque is a fairly soft fig scent with an earthiness to it. I have tried this candle before and found it quite mild in throw compared to others by the brand, but it is a good scent to create a relaxing ambience.

Candles really do have an impact on my mood and are that little bit of luxury at this time of year. I'm sure there's something psychological in smelling fresh and floral scents around you when the skies are grey and there are no signs of flowers in bloom. Once Christmas is over with, I might usually be enjoying festive, amber, pine or gourmand fragrances, but these beautiful candles have been a revelation for me this year. 

What candles are you enjoying this Winter?
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment