Friday 3 March 2017

A Photo a Day #62

Shaida
Strolling along the streets of Soho on a windy February evening, I came across Julian Opie's new permanent art installation entitled 'Shaida Walking'. This double-sided LED animation captures the image of a girl walking at a quick pace towards Carnaby Street. 

Opie says of his piece:
'I wanted to draw people just the way they look walking down my street, any street...I found a public spot and placed the object on a plinth like a bronze statue of a civic hero to stride endlessly as a living drawing and as part of the crowd.'


post signature

2 comments :

  1. This is so interesting, a photo a day sounds such a magical concept :D I love to know about the art all around me and the concept and history behind it xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara (P.S we should absolutely follow each other on bloglovin or instagram haha :D xx)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying doing it! London is such a special place as a tourist. There's something interesting to photograph around every corner. Thanks for your comment x

      Delete